How To Make Brown Sugar
Brown sugar is a sucrose sugar product with a distinctive brown color due to the presence of molasses (something like honey). It is either an unrefined or partially refined soft sugar consisting of sugar crystals with some residual molasses content or produced by it's addition to refined white sugar.
Interested in making your own homemade brown sugar? The ingredients are just sugar and molasses, easily found in a common house. And then you are able to make brown sugar which is easy to make, convenient and economical. Just take a look over the following steps:
Get a mixing bowl and a fork or an electric hand mixer, and leave it close to you, you'll need it later.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. molasses into the mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Use a fork or an electric hand mixer (at medium speed) to mix the sugar and molasses until thoroughly blended.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and then continue to mix until the sugar and molasses are well mixed.
- Add an additional 1 tbsp. molasses to the mixture, if you prefer a darker shade of brown sugar, and continue to mix until well blended.
- The resulting product is ready for consumption.